The Fulton County Library in McConnellsburg, PA has operated from its current location since 1989. The building was the former American Legion and before being renovated for that purpose, was a barn. The library was automated in 1997 and a new children’s room was added that year with help from the Alexander Stewart Foundation. In 2008, the library received a $500,000 Keystone matching grant to be used for rehabilitation and renovations to the library. The renovations included installation of an elevator and automatic doors, renovation of the upper floor for library use, facade work and interior remodeling to make the library more functional, accessible, and attractive. Because of the rural nature of the community and the lack of a dedicated library tax, the Fulton County Library continues to rely on funding from grants and donations. The library is grateful to local businesses and individuals whose support is critical to upgrading and maintaining library services for more than 10,000 card holders.
For ebooks & downloadable audio…
The TumbleBookLibrary is a collection of TumbleBooks (animated, talking picture books) with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration but no animation), TumbleTV which consists of pre-set playlists of a sequence of books, Tumble Puzzles & Games, and TumbleResources for teachers and students.
Online language learning for children using videos and flash cards. Learn Russian, German, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Hebrew, English, Spanish and French.
For use inside the library…. Ancestry Library Edition
Provides access to approximately 4,000 databases and 2 billion names. Collections include
- U.S. Federal Census images and indexes from 1790 to 1930;
- the Map Center containing more than 1,000 historical maps;
- American Genealogical Biographical Index (over 200 volumes);
- Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage (over 150 volumes);
- The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1630;
- Social Security Death Index (updated monthly);
- WWI Draft Registration Cards;
- Federal Slave Narratives;
- and a strong Civil War collection.
Available for use in the library only.